Tuesday, November 07, 2006

See Rock City

On the way home from Kentucky a couple of weeks ago we stopped off at Rock City in Chattanooga, TN. I had only been there once as a kid and loved it. Erin thinks she had been there before but was too little to remember any of it. It's a convenient stop between Atlanta and Knoxville, not taking more than 15-20 minutes to get to.

One of our common questions these days is: stroller or backpack? Due to the uneven terrain, we decided on my favorite backpack.

Brooke loves to ride along on hikes. She will playfully pat my head or want to hold my hands. If she gets a little whiny I can grab her shoes and tickle her legs (we call tickling "attitude adjustments" around here). When I stop she will bounce as if nudging a horse ("gitty-up Daddy!").


I remembered that there was a "Fat Man's Squeeze" and an "Eye of the Needle", but thought that there surely would be an alternate path for those not able to make it. I was wrong.


"Um, mommy???"


"Fat Man's Squeeze" was apparently designed for the pear-shaped, because it was wider at the bottom!


A great workout for the quads and lower back - especially when you are walking so carefully not to knock your daughter's noggin!


Whew! Safely through the squeezes and onto the swinging bridge. A lady ahead of us didn't like the heights or the bridge very much, and took a looooooong time to cross. Brooke was terribly tempted to bounce her, but restrained herself.


Gazing down at the waterfall below us.


See Seven States! (yeah right)


Come on Brooke, stick your head in the hole!


Big happy family!

And look who we ran into while we were there!

(just kidding)

3 comments:

Kate said...

Wow! We didn't even see you there...and is that Elizabeth I see hiding in my belly?

KyTexBeth said...

Would you believe I've never been there? But I sure have seen the ads from the highway--SEE ROCK CITY plastered all over barn roofs along the way. Good thing Brad's not really a fat man!

Brad said...

Make a point to stop there the next time you pass by. It is a really neat place and makes for a nice rest stop. You can see everything in an hour or so. It's a little pricey, but we'll stop again I'm sure.