Saturday, December 02, 2006

Electronically challenged

After several weeks of computer agony, I am up and nearly running again! Headaches have abounded as I was crippled in the wake of two hard drives independently crashing -- one being all of my documents, the other housing -- among other things -- my backups. Brad set me up on an old PC in the meantime, but I was sans printer, sans scanner, sans card reader for my camera card, sans documents (including estimates, pictures, and my portfolio) and, can you guess? Sans sanity and any shred of efficiency!

I am very happy to say that as of tonight, the art business is now the proud owner of a new laptop. Dude, I almost got a Dell, but in the end went for the value on an in-stock Gateway model at Best Buy. I spent a few extra hundred dollars to get a workhorse model instead of the budget version. Brad has cobbled together old systems for me for the past five years and I'm sure we're both looking forward to much less computer stress in our future. And I'm thrilled by the prospect of working or surfing downstairs while Brooke is playing. (Somehow, an art studio just isn't a great place for our extremely active and curious toddler.)



So here's a huge thank you, sweetie, for being my own personal in-house Computer Guru. You're amazingly skilled and have kept me going! Hopefully we'll all be more relaxed after this purchase (after we finish the set-up, that is!). Thanks.

Finally, here's a cute picture to satisfy your visual sweet tooth. This picture was trapped on my card and is now free thanks to my new purchase. As you can see, Brooke LOVES to dress up in Brad's cycling gear. Here she is complete with helmet, jersy, and gloves. Once she sees one of the pieces, she's not content until she's wearing all of them! Doesn't the jersey make a nice floor-length gown?

6 comments:

KyTexBeth said...

One thing's for sure--you can see her coming in that bright jersey! Congrats on the new computer; you'll surely enjoy having a good machine!

Erin said...

It's been fun so far -- except that Brad likes this machine so much that I can't even play with my new toy!

Brad said...

Hmmm, you were so entranced by Dolly Parton in "A Smoky Mountain Christmas" that it seemed like a good time to work on your laptop...

Erin said...

Shhhh! You ratted me out!

Kate said...

Love Brooke's biking outfit, and congrats on the new computer!

Erin said...

Hey, I might actually like standing next to Dolly and feeling flat for a change!