Thursday, January 18, 2007

God Works in Mysterious Ways

We all claim that God works in mysterious ways, but we all probably have trouble really believing it when we are in the midst of crisis. The following is a story from a member of the Peachtree Miata Club. This is first-person reporting - not e-mail spam.

All of the regulars at the 2006 Camp Miata, heard that I was laid off from my job in October when the company I worked for was bought by a competitor. Friday the 13th of October as a matter of fact. Unfortunately, that was just the beginning of a classic bad news comes in 3's scenario. Since being laid off in October, my mother passed away in November and my grandmother passed away in December.

Okay, now for the God knew what he was doing even if I didn't... When I was laid off, I left with a pretty good wad of cash. I had a generous severance package as well as the proceeds from the sale of the stock that I owned in the old company. So, Beth and I have lived comfortably for the last 3 months with no concerns about mortgage payments, car payments, etc. Enough so that Beth and I stayed with our plan to go to the big island of Hawaii for our anniversary and a 4 day cruise to the Bahamas.

What 3 months off did allow me to do was spend time with my mom and grandmother in the their last days but also spend time with my sister supporting her in our time of loss. My mom lived with my sister as she has battled cancer for the last three years. So, we had lots of things to sort through, paperwork to do, etc. We helped convert my mom's room back into a regular guest room at my sister's house.

Now for the punchline...At the end of the whole ordeal, I received a call from the new company and they asked if I would be interested in coming back. As of this Tuesday, I have been re-instated to my original seniority date.

So, Beth and I are praising God for His control over our lives. He knows WAY better than we do what we need, even before we need it.

Beth and I are also looking forward to getting plugged back into the club in the new year. 2006 is behind us and 2007 is looking bright.

Love to all of you,
Robert and Beth

No comments: