Wednesday, January 10, 2007

On the road again

I'm sorry that it's been a few weeks since we posted an article. I think I've been avoiding it because of needing to post the sad news of Mother Dot (my grandmother) passing away. Even though almost everyone who checks this knows that, it has still been hard for me to sit down and write the words. I've been the classic procrastinator, putting off the unpleasant. I may write more on it later.






We had a wonderful Christmas morning at home. Here we are walking down the stairs on Christmas morning.














Brooke got a kitchen, a Mr. Potato Head family, and some great new books. She LOVES talking on the phone, cooking, and setting the table with her new pots, pans, dishes, and food.





















We also had a great afternoon at Brad's grandparents' home. Brooke has really taken to Granddaddy Ford and loves to sit in his lap.














We've been exhausted since Christmas. We learned of Mother Dot's death the first morning after arriving in Lexington. It was nice to be around everyone at the time, but we hadn't packed for a funeral and so had to spend a lot of time running around to a new suit for Brad, clothes for me, and shoes for both of us. Then we made the trip to Western Kentucky for the funeral and came back home to Atlanta on New Year's Eve. For the first time, we didn't stay up to welcome in the New Year after all of that.

We were very grateful for the holiday on Monday and spent the time undecorating from Christmas. We were far more festive than usual this year, so it took a lot longer! I have been very grateful for my trusty new vacuum cleaner to help with all of the mess. (Thanks, Santa!!!)


This past weekend was spent in Houston attending a wedding for Brad's friend, Troy, who had been a groomsman in our wedding. It was a very nice trip. We were glad to see old friends from Brad's single days, Aunt Beth, Uncle Ben, and Timothy, as well as my dear friend Kelly from the Bible Study I used to lead at UK.



We'll be blessed to get some of Mother Dot's furniture, which means more upcoming time on the road -- this time in a 22' rented truck! We'll be delivering things to my Uncle Joe in Nashville on the way home. We're very grateful that Scott will help us with the move... and that Nancy will help us by staying behind and keeping Brooke!

Happy New Year, everyone!

No comments: