Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Good tricks

I've often heard that I need to record the cute stuff that the kids are saying and doing. Here it is!

Bridger loves showing off tricks. Many times a day, I hear "Idea, Mommy!" or "Look, Mommy, look. Good trick!" His favorite involves a tape measure with a friendly recoil. Over and over again he says, "Look at my good trick, Mommy!" (He presses the button; the tape recoils.) "Click!" (Cocks head.) "Isn't that cool?"

Lately, he simultaneously proved his dexterity and the worth of our childproof locks:



The same night, Brooke heard Bridger singing his ABCs and of course, wanted to show what a good job she could do, too. Brad half-jokingly said, "That's great, Brooke. Now do it backwards." She did! We had her do it a second time for the camera:



By the way, here are some of her recent cute 5-year old sayings:

"Meteor" accidentally became "meateater."

"How do you like Bridger's mush-mash?" (He had an applesauce mustache, which was pretty mushy.)

"You have to use lots of different foods to make oatmeal. That's why it's oatmeal." (I make fantastic "Mommy's Oats," by the way.)

Brooke and I had a two-hour pony bathing party, washing their "brains" and tails.

"The snake is asleep now, Mommy. It's nighturnal."


And although this may be TMI, Bridger's label for his you-know-what is his "tail."

3 comments:

Beth said...

Too cute---keep up the blogging!

amy said...

I don't even think I could say the alphabet backwards! Wow!

The Malemezians said...

That is so cute! I love the "meat-eater"! :-) And, I can picture little Bridger doing his tricks - I'm sure Blake would enjoy them! :-)