Sunday, April 04, 2010

He is Risen!



Easter is my favorite holiday. The day of the resurrection is in my opinion the most important day of all human history up to this point. (I say that because the story isn't over yet!) I believe in the bodily resurrection of Christ. If it were not for that, everything I have based my life on would be foolish. Ridiculous. To be laughed at and pitied. If it were not for the resurrection, Jesus would be a liar or a lunatic, but certainly not Lord or even a good man or a good teacher (credit to C.S. Lewis for that sentiment). However, I have been convinced on intellectual, emotional, and personal levels that Jesus' resurrection is a historic fact that proves that everything He said and did was trustworthy and true, and thus worthy of being the Lord of my life. And so, Easter is the biggest celebration of the year in my heart.

BSF (Bible Study Fellowship) deserves a huge thank you for preparing the kids and me to celebrate Jesus' victory, through its in-depth study of John this year.



It was a neat day with the kids, too. They had a fun time at church and with family. We've dyed and hunted eggs, baked special foods, dressed up, and enjoyed the Easter story with the Resurrection eggs -- Brooke even told the story herself. Of course, lunch with family at Scott and Nancy's house was wonderful. Easter was extra special this year because Gran (Mom) is here for the celebration.

Here are a few pictures. Brooke's dress is one from Mom's generation.

Here's a cute series of shots that shows how animated Bridger is these days:







Brooke was an egg-gathering machine!



A (rare) quiet moment on the patio swing:



On a more somber note, we learned today that my Uncle Joe (Dad's brother) passed away this weekend. I am happy to think of him reunited with Mother Dot and Granddad. In a way it's a good touch on the day, thinking of the eternal life that is available to us through Jesus' redemption. There is hope and celebration. Where, O death, is your sting? I don't fear you any more.

Happy Easter, everyone. Much love to you.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Erin, I'm pretty sure I wore that dress about 50 years ago!